Over the past few weeks and especially the past few days there has been much our eyes, ears and hearts have taken in regarding COVID-19. Yesterday was no exception with significant decisions being made by government officials and us personally hearing from our local schools. Our desire was to take a day to pray, breathe and talk about what God might want us to do as we move forward with the same mission He has given us.
To Love God
To Love People
To Make Disciples
With this in mind and the below items, the Elders have decided to not meet at Winchester Trail this Sunday.
- The Governor’s desire to slow the spread of the virus by banning gatherings of 100 or more (churches are exempt from this) and to extend K-12 spring break by at least 3 weeks.
- The collective wisdom of medical professionals advising social distancing for a time
- The school has also decided to not allow us to meet at Winchester Trail beginning March 22 through the end of April
- Our desire to quickly help us all stay safe, move us beyond fear and on to mission.
The plan for this Sunday:
- We will meet together via Facebook Live (You will not need a Facebook account to participate).
- We will work with Life Groups and individuals so you will have the option to watch by yourself or with others.
- The Bring & Share event is postponed
- Student Ministry for this Sunday evening is also cancelled.
- More on this coming tomorrow.
A few pieces of advice:
- Resist fear and anxiety. 2 Tim. 1:7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
- If you are struggling with these, turn off the news, spend time talking with loved ones, go for a walk and give us a call.
- Pray for others and for opportunities to show the love and Gospel of Christ in the coming days.
Finally, although this is not the way we would have planned it, we are looking forward to some pretty neat opportunities to see God accomplish His mission in us and through us in the coming days. Be sure to tune in on Sunday morning to hear more! If you have any questions, please call or email.
Love you all!
The Elders of NewLife