Worship Gathering During Covid-19
We are so excited to be worshipping together in person! Here is what to expect each week.
- An invisible greeter! Seriously, we have automatic doors, so no need to touch door handles.
- Greet one another with a holy kiss. Not going to happen! We encourage fist bumps and elbow touches.
- Hand sanitizer will be everywhere!
- Seating that follows social distancing guidelines.
- Per the ODH Director’s order and Governor DeWine, masks are required when social distancing can’t be maintained. On Sunday morning at NewLife this most clearly describes the time before and after our worship time. We believe the order does provide allowance (if you choose) for removal of masks while at your seat and socially distanced. As discussed during the message on August 2, 2020 we believe that we should submit to the authority of Scripture (primarily Romans 13, 1 Peter 2, and Titus 3) and adhere to this mandate. We will extend grace to those who think differently.
- Kids will worship together with their parents.
- A cry room is available for those with small children.
- We will wait a little longer before offering coffee or donuts.
- Print materials are limited.
Here is what you can do.
- If you have tested positive for COVID, been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID, or are feeling ill or have a temperature, please stay home and refer to CDC guidance for return to worship.
- Be sensitive to peoples’ need and desire for space.
- Explain to your children what to expect and what your expectations are for them. – We love our kids and are so excited to have them in service with us. If your child is restless, feel free to get up and walk around, or use the cry room.
- Love, serve, and honor one another.
- Work hard to maintain unity and consider others more important than yourself.